Monday, October 10, 2011

Delayed Harry Potter Obsession

I have a delayed Harry Potter obsession.  I did not start the first book until the beginning of this semester AFTER seeing the last movie.  I probably would view Snape differently if I had not seen the movies.  I can't seem to hate him with as much passion as Harry.  I cried when I learned about Snape and Lily in the movie.  I've been reading as fast as I can just to get to that chapter.  Talk about motivation.
I find it rather interesting that Alan Rickman played a similar role in Sense and Sensibility as Colonel Brandon.  He is absolutely wonderful in that role.  Also as a person he has a mystery about him which is so intriguing.
The role of the silent lover is so beautiful to me.  For a person to love without any knowledge of being loved in return within literature is "terribly romantic."

No comments:

Post a Comment